Friday, October 12, 2007

Beautiful, Crisp Autumn Day!


I'll be the first to admit, I'm a lover of the hot, summer weather and we've been really lucky around here to have the warmth stretch so far into fall. It was in the 90's on Monday and Tuesday of this week and then it dipped into the 80's for Wednesday. When we awoke Thursday morning to temps in the 50's, I realized that fall is finally here! It was so windy and chilly but...it was the perfect day for a trip to the pumpkin patch and a bowl of hot soup for lunch.
I think when the air becomes crisp and I can curl up with a good book and a pot of tea, I just might have to admit that I really do like fall but shhh...don't tell anyone I admitted that!

So today we went to the pumpkin patch. When we arrived, a wagon of hay was waiting for us to take us on the best hayride ever. The air was so crisp and the sky was so blue, it was a beautiful day. When we got to the pumkin patch, everyone scrambled down from the hay and immediately went on a search for the "ultimate" pumkin. There were green ones, white ones, and big orange ones too and of course plenty of decorative gourds. What a fun day on the farm it was!

Happy Autumn everyone!

1 comment:

Mom of 2 Roses said...

Erin how fun! I wish we could do that but we have snow already and no pumpkins patch anywhere near here! Bummer! It looks like a beautiful place and I am sure you all had a wonderful time. Great memories I'm sure!

Laurie