Thursday, November 8, 2007

So Much Catching Up to Do!!!

Wow, it feels like I have been away for months, although 11 days may as well be months because I have missed my blogger friends so much!!


Anyway, we all had a great Halloween. Lots of candy has been enjoyed by all - including me who has had entirely too many Twix and Kit-Kat bars. Well, okay, and Almond Joys and Snickers - you get the idea!!


Where have I been? What have I been doing? Well, let me show you.



You see, at our house, Christmas is a HUGE deal and it takes quite a while to decorate for this beautiful and holy season. Everyone gets involved, we even had one of my little 5 year old's friends over helping us put the trees up. Today we moved on to the lights for the trees. We will put up and decorate 5 full size Christmas trees, at least 10 mini tabletop trees, tons and tons of garlands and lots of little white lights (all tastefully done hee hee-not too over the top) It will take the next few weeks to get it all done! This is why we start so early. Don't get me wrong, we love Thanksgiving too just as much, however, we like to have all of the Christmas decorations up by December 1 so that we can enjoy them for the whole Christmas season. Here is a little sneak peak at what we have accomplished so far. We'll put up the real trees as it gets closer to December. That way they'll stay fresh. I'll post the remainder of the pictures once it's complete and once it gets closer to Christmas!


I've been busy working on Christmas items for my shop too! Also, the Vintage Tree Topper Swap is under way so I can't wait to get started on that! Donna over at Under the Red Roof is hosting the swap. You should definitely wander over to her blog and pay her a visit. She is incredibly talented and has a great blog!
Well, I will close for now but I will be back with lots more to share and I won't wait 11 days to do it! Have a lovely evening everyone!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Good for you! Oh, how I would love to say I have even one tree up. I may put up just three or four trees this year. I am just planning what I am going to do in decorating for the holidays. I have to also work on Thanksgiving matters.

kari and kijsa said...

Erin,

So in addition to being a fabulous banner-maker you sound like a fabulous Christmas-decorator!

So much fun! Have a blessed weekend!

smiles, kari and kijsa

Justabeachkat said...

Can't wait to see it when you're all done. Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs!
Kat

Nunnie's Attic said...

I'm very impressed. I'm hoping that it won't be as stressful to me this year since I am now a SAHM who can decorate through out the week rather than try to get it done in one weekend.

Love,
Julie