Wednesday, January 23, 2008
1) I love peanut butter and jelly - but only on toast. Put it on bread that has not been toasted, ughh yuck!! Don't know why but that's just how it is.
2) I have an intense fear of the dentist! I have given birth to 3 children and I can still honestly say that I would rather go through labor and give birth again before I would would like to sit in that dentist chair. Put my feet up in those stirrups at the ob any day just don't ask me to go have me teeth cleaned!
3) I cannot stand shoes on my feet. I love to shop for shoes and buy really cute ones but wear them? Nope, not so much. I have been known to go out in the dead of winter with snow and ice on the ground and check the mail in my bare feet. In fact, I'm not wearing shoes right now. I have a cute new pair of those little ballet flat style shoes sitting right here on the floor next to my feet but I'm certainly not wearing them - LOL!!
4) I love coffee, LOVE IT!! But only in the morning when I first wake up. After that it just doesn't taste right any more to me. However, I do enjoy cappuccino in the afternoon if it's flavored with hazlenut or caramel syrup.
5) I love chocolate candy, fudge, brownies, etc...but I really dislike chocolate cake. What's weird is this: I LOVE red velvet cake. And isn't that really just chocolate cake with red food coloring added? Hmmmm....
6) I'm one of those nutty door and window lock checkers. Even if I have not opened a window all day, I will STILL check it 5 times before we go to bed to make sure it's locked. Same with the doors. It's official, I'm nuts!!
7) And last but certainly not least...I hate mayonaise on my sandwich. I just don't like the taste or texture of it. Kind of grosses me out. However, I love tuna salad, chicken salad, mayo based dips - all made with mayo! Just don't spread it on the bread! How weird is that?
Okay, now the time has come to tag 7 others. Here goes...
Kat at Justabeachkat
Penny at Lavender Hill Studio
Laurie at Mom of 2 Roses
Cindy at Romantic Home
Melissa at The Inspired Room
Katie at 2 Blue Eyed Girls
Donna at Under the Red Roof
You must each list 7 weird or random things about you and then tag 7 others to do the same. Forgive me if I've tagged anyone who has recently been tagged!! Have fun with it!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
So, here are my top 10 projects for 2007. I had such fun doing them all - some where quite the challenge and some were very simple but I loved completing each one!
This is the bedroom redo for the boys - we went for a travel/safari theme
here is the baby's nursery I did
here is one of my favorites. It's an old vanity that was rescued from one of those beach houses in the Outer Banks of NC. My sister used to live there and she got it for me. I painted it white and then sanded it down A LOT to give it a distressed look
this is an old french chair that I picked up curbside - CURBSIDE!! for free - they were throwing it away. Aside from needing to be refinished, it was in great shape. This is one of two that I got. Right now I've got them in my dining room. It's a little more formal so they're stained in a cherry stain but I'm thinking of painting them white. what do you think??
here's a pretty little sideboard. When I got it at the flea market, it was a little rough. I saw great potential though so I bought it, brought it home and gave it a little love (and white paint of course)!
another curside find! It amazes me what some people throw away, but hey, keep throwin' cuz I love to find it and bring it home!! I painted this one white too and now it's my favorite little letter writing desk.
I found this lovely at The Old Luckets Store in Luckets, VA. I painted it and put a pretty ballerina print inside. The rose paper it's mounted on is actually just some pretty wrapping paper I found!
here is by far the most time consuming project I did. I got this wing chair - for free - and decided to reupholster it. It was the first time I have ever tried to do this so please excuse this reupholstery rookie - LOL!! Anyway, it was quite the challenge but lots of fun! Can you tell that I LOVE toile??!!
a cute little fan that I found at the flea market. It wasn't a very nice color though - kind of a yucky brown metal. I fixed that though, I took it apart and painted it then put it back together again
and last but not least, an old wicker tray that I found at the flea market. I painted it white and then decoupaged some pretty wrapping paper to the inside. I then added some grosgrain ribbon and voila - a cute little tea tray!
I hope you enjoyed the little tour of projects! Have a great weekend all!
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Have a lovely day everyone!!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Here is the front of the journal and yes, many of you may recognize that little guy on the front. Isn't he cute? He is from Sandra Evertson's book "Fanciful Paper Flowers". You should check it out if you haven't already. She has lots of adorable art in there that she has given the reader permission to copy and use for your own personal projects! Isn't she the greatest? If you click on her name above, you can go right to her creative and very inspiring blog. Thank you Sandra!!
A few pages from our baking journal
A few more little romantic things...look at this beautiful book that my sister gave me. I adore it. I absolutely love, love, love Maud Humphrey. Her paintings and illustrations are just lovely. My sister found this book of Mother Goose Nursery Rhymes illustrated by the one and only Maud Humphrey and she got it for me. She sooo gets me - LOL!
And last but not least...a few tags that I made. I'm hoping to get lots more done to put into my Classy Rabbit Boutique! I have been so busy lately, I haven't been able to update it as I had intended to do. Lots of Valentine goodies to stock though and we'll be back on track before you know it!