Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Quiet Afternoon

I hope that everyone has had a wonderful first day of the year! As for me, hubby had to work today and the kids had some friends over this afternoon. They spent some time in the backyard on the swingset and play fort. Way too cold out there for me so I stayed inside watching them through the window while the baby napped. I took advantage of some quiet time. My brother gave me Kaari Meng's book French Inspired Jewelry so I made myself a hazelnut cappucino and read my book. Quite a pleasant afternoon!!
Have a fabulous evening!!

7 comments:

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh! That sounds like a lovely way to spend the afternoon! Did you enjoy the book? It looks very interesting and I love all French inspired themes.
Happy New Year!
Penny

Erin~~The Classy Rabbit~~ said...

Oh Yes, Penny!! It was a wonderful book! I love making jewelry and there were some beautiful pieces in the book - with complete instructions as well!

Happy New Year to you too!
Erin

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Kari herself sent me a copy of the book (one to give away and one to keep!) and I am delighted beyond words! Isn't it fabulous?

Enjoy, and happiest of New Years to you!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Sounds and looks like an awsome time!

Justabeachkat said...

Awwww...two of my favorite things!

Happy New Year! I wish many many blessings for you in 2008.

Hugs!
Kat

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

I haven't read that one, but it looks wonderful. The bracelet on the cover is great!!!

Happy New Year to you!

Becky

Anonymous said...

Erin ~ Your curtains are lovely and the table with the teapot and candles is so very pretty. The snow pictures are fabulous. I,too, love the silence of snow fall...so peaceful and lends itself for incredible introspection. Your gingerbread picture is very charming and the journals...I am inspired to make a journal now of my own. Thank you so much for sharing your talent and creativity.
Alexandra