Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas From Our Home to Yours


Merry Christmas from our family to yours! May it be a blessed Christmas filled with peace and joy! I know it's kind of late in the game, but I thought I'd join in BooMama's Christmas tour of homes. Just think of it as a Christmas Eve candlelight tour.

Welcome to our home! Won't you please come in?


First, as you come in the front door, we have a few different views of the foyer. Here is part of my teapot and tea cup collection
and then there are a few shots of the lights and garlands going up the staircase as well as on the rail upstairs overlooking the foyer.



Here we have a view of the dining room trees and garland.

Now we'll head into the living room


a view of the tree and fireplace.

the top of our mantel

a little tree on the top of a roll top desk

a vignette on top of a china cabinet.

Here is a centerpiece I made for the dining room table. I filled a dish with vintage ornaments. These belonged to my grandfather when he was a little boy.

Another view of the ornaments and the dining room Christmas tree.

Here is a display on a table in the foyer

This is a hall table in the hallway going into the kitchen.


My mother's sled that she played with as a little girl.


And now we're headed into the formal living room. Here are two trees on an old buffet server that I found at a flea market.

Another view of the dining room. Did I already post this picture? Hmmm.....I think I did.


The Nativity scene in the basement family room.

Also in the basement, a vintage glass tree


and last but not least, our basement family room tree!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

SO GLAD YOU CAME BY FOR A VISIT!!







14 comments:

Jessi Nagy said...

everything is gorgeous!!!
have a very merry christmas!

Sandra Evertson said...

Everything is so beautiful!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Sandra Evertson

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Erin, I'm so glad I didn't miss your tour! What a beautiful job you did with all the Christmas decorations. Love it!

Merry Christmas to you & your family & a beautiful family you have!

Rhoda

Joyce said...

I am glad your joined the tour. Everything was just grand and elegant. Have a very Merry Christmas.

In Christ's Joy

Southern Lady's Vintage said...

Your family and home are just beautiful! Love that your decorations include those of family members passed down to you like your grandpa's vintage ornaments and your mom's sled. Merry Christmas! Peace, love & joy and many blessings!
Barbara
Southern Lady's Vintage

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...everything is beautiful! Great job!

I wish for you and yours the merriest of Christmases filled with family, love, food and fun and many memory making moments.

Christmas hugs!
Kat

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Oh Erin!
Your home and your family are just beautiful!

I hope your Christmas was filled with warmth and wonder!
Penny

Debra from Bungalow said...

Hope you had a Merry Christmas!
I'm so glad you posted the tour, you have a lovely home. Hugs, DebraK

Totallyscrappy said...

I love the little tree atop the roll desk. Something about that wide ribbon...
What a lovely home.
Come on over!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful tour - you have so many pretty things. Thank you so much for letting us in and Merry Christmas!

bbeth said...

Love your use of vintage ornaments...
bonniebeth

kari and kijsa said...

Beautiful! Just a merry hello on the day after Christmas!

Blessings,
kari & kijsa

Shelley said...

Lovely! Your home looks warm and inviting, and truly beautiful! I love the vintage ornaments in the bowl!

Lizzie said...

Your decor and home are gorgeous! Love all the gold accents, definitely classy and festive. Thanks for sharing!