Friday, December 14, 2007

My Boys' Room Before and After!!

My gosh, it seems to have been ages since I've posted anything! So much happening this time of year. I always think I have so much more time that I actually do. Well, first things first. Remember that room I was redecorating for my boys? It's finished!!
Here is the before picture. I had actually started clearing things out and taking bedding off of the beds and just making a huge mess when I suddenly realized - uh-oh...I didn't take any before pictures. So, the room is a huge mess in this picture! Oh well, such is life. You can get a basic idea of what it looked like.


And here is the after picture! We went with a travel/safari theme. The boys have a large giraffe that was our inspiration piece and they already had airplanes hanging from the ceiling so we went with that.

I have a cute old luggage rack that I had painted white as well as an old metal suitcase on hand so I placed the suitcase on top of the luggage rack and voila - an instant side table with a travel theme twist. I also painted a vintage dresser black and decoupaged some girrafe print tissue paper onto the drawer pull plates. The drawer pulls themselves were painted red.

then, I found an adorable picture of two giraffes
here are the kids existing airplanes
and a few other things around the room


6 comments:

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Erin,
I love your boys'room! I love that theme, and love what a classy job you did with it! Really fantastic. Love the stripes and special touches!
Nice to catch up with you!
xo

Britt- Sparkled Vintage Charm said...

wow!! the room looks fabulous!! love it!!! great job :-) I am glad you got your bracelet. :-) Thanks again for your order!! you are a sweetie! I had a Christmas card that I was sending with it,but I sealed it before I put it in! sorry! lol. Happy holidays anyway! lol. xo Britt

Joy said...

I ama NEWBIE to your blog. I love what you did to your boys room! I love the stripe and the color! What is the name of that color? Have a Great week! Joy

justabeachkat said...

Great job! I love it all.

Hugs!
Kat

Kari & Kijsa said...

Looks great! Love the stripes and clever end table! Wonderful job! Everyone loved the banner you made- you can see it on my daughter's tree!

Merry Christmas blessings,
kari & kijsa

Carrie said...

You are invited to visit the nativity scenes gallery posted Dec. 23 at Oak Rise Cottage blog. The collection includes over 50 countries from the various continents. Each nativity set expresses the story of Christ’s birth according to the perspective of the artist:
http://oakrisecottage.blogspot.com/2007/12/nativity-scenes-gallery-at-oak-rise.html
Hope to see you soon,
Carrie