Tuesday, April 1, 2008

An Award, 2 Tags, Swap Goodies, New Shoppe Items


Okay everyone, as promised this is a BIG one!! Now is your chance to stop and go get a cup of tea or a Diet Coke. It's gonna be awhile! I have so much to share! First off, the Bella Enchanted Easter Basket Swap. I'm a little late posting this so here goes:




My swap partner was Maria over at The Junk Drawer. She was such a wonderful partner! We have so many of the same interests in common. Would you just look at the fabulous basket of goodies that she sent me?




Lot's of yummy candy - there was also a delicious Russel Stover dark chocolate covered marshmallow egg but uh-oh, I ate it before I could snap a picture of it



Then, there were these deliciously colored vintage clothes pins wrapped in fabulous lace

these sweet Easter picks, crepe paper and tag



some lovely vintage wrapping paper, doilies and wall paper packs






would you check out this adorable duck applique??!!



oooohhhh and glitter....I'm in love!!


beautiful organza bags full of candy and pretty beads



lovely rose stems and millinery


vintage postcard images and vintage flashcards


paper packs


pretty speckled eggs and doilies and look at those adorable chickies!


WOW!!! Thank you Maria!!



Okay, now this is what I sent her except that I forgot to photograph everything before packing it into the basket


so...here is everything all packed up
What a fun swap!!


****


Alright, here is the next item on the bloggy post agenda...new pretties for my shoppe! I have been working and painting and sanding oh my...first up we have this adorable jewelry box! I painted it in my favorite shade of creamy white and then distressed it to give it a beautiful, timeworn French look


Look at those pretty French blue velvet lined drawers...ooohhhhh la la!!

Look at these fabulous salt and pepper shakers! I though the shape was so cute!! a little wicker wall pocket/shelf


sweet little doves that I painted


scrolly birdcage style candle holder



I'm going to get all of these items plus a few more I'm still working on, in the shoppe in the next day or two!

I took a little break from working and creating yesterday and went to the flea market! Even if I don't buy a thing, I thoroughly enjoy looking through all of the treasures that the flea market has to offer! Yesterday, I found so many beautiful things. I did purchase these buttons! I simply adore vintage buttons and I love to collect them and place them in pretty jars and bowls around the house. I love the way the sunlight catches the clear faceted ones!






Okay, now for my award - YEAH!!! Thanks again Rue! As promised earlier this morning, I must pass along this award to 10 other people

It's very difficult to have to choose only 10 because there are so many Excellent blogs that I visit every day but I must follow the rules so here goes:

I wish to pass this award to the following:

Heather at Pretty Petals Boutique

Kari & Kijsa at Ask Kari & Kijsa

Jen at Dust Bunny Hostage

Deena at Living My Fantasy Life

Cindy at My Romantic Home

Alexandra at Silver Bell Cottage

DebraK at The Bunnies Bungalow

Jennifer at Child of the King

Ginger at Enchanting Cottage

Jillian at Jillian's Pages

Thank you!

Now for the first tag from Rue. List 10 Weird or Random Facts or Habits about yourself. Then tag 5 others

1) I have this insane fear of talking to people on the phone - why you ask?? I haven't a clue - it's so weird!

2)When I fold the laundry, it must be warm right out of the dryer. If it's not, I'll run the dryer for another 10 minutes until it is - I guess it's the wrinkle factor. I hate folding clothes that are wrinkled!

3) There are 3 magazines that I love to buy off the shelf at the store. Romantic Homes, Romantic Country, and Country Living. It would be a lot cheaper to just get a subscription I know, but there's just something about seeing a brand new issue right there on the shelf just waiting for me. And...I never buy the front copy, it must be two or three back. I want a brand new, untouched copy - so weird, I know!!

4) I used to work in the airline industry - I worked for TWA to be exact. I started when I was 19 and worked right up until I had our first baby! Now I am a stay at home mom and love it!! I did get to travel though all over the place! I used to fly all the way to San Antonio just to buy a brand of salsa that I loved and they only carried it there. My roommates used to come home from work and see grocery bags with the state of Texas printed on them and say "Oh my, she's been grocery shopping in Texas again"

5) I met the wonderful man that I am now married to in an airport! It was love at first sight and we've been together now for 12 years - married for 9 this month!

6) I cannot stand the taste of caffeine free soda

7) I am constantly re-arranging the furniture! We're talking every 3-4 months here. Hubby has threatened on more than one occasion to bolt it to the floor - hee hee!!

8) Along the same lines as the furniture, I have an issue with paint too! I have repainted our bedroom alone 5 times in the 9 years we have been in our house. I've loved every color though, my problem is just that I also love to change the color! I am in fact getting ready to do it again! Oh, and the master bath has seen a paintbrush and roller 5 times as well!

9) No matter what, whenever anyone leaves our house, we always stand on the front porch and wave until the car has driven out of sight. We always do this, no matter what.

10) I crave order and organization, however, I just can't seem to figure out how to be organized! You should see my craft room where it is so messy that I can never work in there, let alone find anything that I need! I bet I have 3 of everything. I'm always having to go out and buy what I need when I need it because, you guessed it, I can NEVER FIND IT IN MY CRAFT ROOM!!!

There's 10. I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me! Normally, I would tag 5 others but I think that this time I will leave it open to anyone who would like to play along. If you're reading this and would like to participate, feel free to do so. Let me know though, if you do, so I can come over to your blog and read your list!!

Jillian, I am going to take this evening to think about 6 more things for your tag and I promise to post it tomorrow! Thank you for the tag!

Have a wonderful night everyone and if you made it all the way to the bottom of this post, I thank you for sticking with me!!

xo, Erin

18 comments:

j said...

COOL COOL COOL! Thank you for the AWARD! You are just so thoughtful. It tends to take me a bit to retrieve the awards. I will let you know when I get it and post it!! Thanks!

I think your house must be the most gorgeous place. All of your goodies were so pretty. The jewelry box was fabulous.

Be blessed Sister Hare!

Jennifer

j said...

Jeez, that sounded pompous "It tends to take me a bit...." It takes me a bit cause I'm so flippin' disorganized. Sheesh, it sounded for a moment like I was trying to be the classy rabbit. Forgot my place. LOL.

Jen

kari and kijsa said...

Thank you, thank you so much for the wonderful award!! We are honored and want to return our compliments for your amazing blog and talents!! We talked about sharing with others, and we think you are top-notch!! your jewelry chest looks amazing, love all the details and special touches!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Jennifer said...

Thank you soo much for the award..im glad you chose me!! I enjoy your blog so much and I am glad you enjoy mine..god bless
Jennifer

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Hi Erin,
Thanks for the award! And don't worry about thinking of 6 more!!! Your post of 10 definitely covered it! I love the one about the waving on the porch. Too cute!

Great post!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful basket you gave and received. Just running over with delights for your soul and senses.

And, I agree. Those buttons are gorgeous.

Congratulations on your award.

We stand on the porch and wave to our company as they leave, too.

kari and kijsa said...

Thank you so much for the award! You have an incredible blog and it is an honor to be included! Love your adorable jewelry box...those blue drawers are so cute!

Have a blessed day!

smiles, kari & kijsa

Heather - Speckled Egg said...

Gorgeous goodies!!! LOVE those buttons!!!
Hugs,
Heather

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Thank you Erin!! Love your things about you. :) It was so sweet of you to pass this award along to me. :)

I had to have that jewelry box... ;))))))))))))))

xoxoxo

Debra from Bungalow said...

Thank you so much for the award & congratulations to you too!
Your projects & crafts are always so pretty & inspiring...the white jewelry box with french blue liners is wonderful!

Thanks for sharing those things about you. It's fun to peek into the lives of other bloggers.
Have a nice day, DebraK

Mrs. B said...

Super cute things! That jewelry chest is darling! And good for you giving out your award! I got one from Rue too and I haven't figured out who all to give it to yet. So many great blogs out there!

j said...

Hey Chicky-poo! I returned a little blog-love to you when I posted the award by way of an award back atcha! I appreciate you! Be blessed.

Jennifer

Justabeachkat said...

Our daughter is here visiting so my blog visiting time is limited, but I wanted to stop by and say "Hi".

Hugs!
Kat

SweetAnnee said...

I love your swap..
Congrats and thanks for the award.
Run over to your store, but the jewel box was sold..awesome..
deena

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Thank-you so much Erin for the award. That is sooo sweet. I will post it next time I post ( hopefully today )
I love all the goodies you got how fun. The Jewelry box is so cute!
Have a great day,
ginger

blessings said...

I'm so glad that you're going to be joining us for the Friday Flea Market! Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings... Polly

Rue said...

Wow! I love how long this post was!! The baskets were darling, the jewelry box precious and the 10 things about you were wonderful! I have at least 7 of them in common with you, including the waving goodbye ;)

Thank you so much for playing along!

rue :)

Susie Q said...

I am a sucker for a list and loved reading yours. : )

Hugs,
Sue