Okay everyone, as promised this is a BIG one!! Now is your chance to stop and go get a cup of tea or a Diet Coke. It's gonna be awhile! I have so much to share! First off, the Bella Enchanted Easter Basket Swap. I'm a little late posting this so here goes:
Then, there were these deliciously colored vintage clothes pins wrapped in fabulous lace
these sweet Easter picks, crepe paper and tag
some lovely vintage wrapping paper, doilies and wall paper packs
oooohhhh and glitter....I'm in love!!
pretty speckled eggs and doilies and look at those adorable chickies!
WOW!!! Thank you Maria!!
Okay, now this is what I sent her except that I forgot to photograph everything before packing it into the basket
so...here is everything all packed up
What a fun swap!!
Alright, here is the next item on the bloggy post agenda...new pretties for my shoppe! I have been working and painting and sanding oh my...first up we have this adorable jewelry box! I painted it in my favorite shade of creamy white and then distressed it to give it a beautiful, timeworn French look
scrolly birdcage style candle holder
I'm going to get all of these items plus a few more I'm still working on, in the shoppe in the next day or two!
I took a little break from working and creating yesterday and went to the flea market! Even if I don't buy a thing, I thoroughly enjoy looking through all of the treasures that the flea market has to offer! Yesterday, I found so many beautiful things. I did purchase these buttons! I simply adore vintage buttons and I love to collect them and place them in pretty jars and bowls around the house. I love the way the sunlight catches the clear faceted ones!
It's very difficult to have to choose only 10 because there are so many Excellent blogs that I visit every day but I must follow the rules so here goes:
I wish to pass this award to the following:
Heather at Pretty Petals Boutique
Kari & Kijsa at Ask Kari & Kijsa
Jen at Dust Bunny Hostage
Deena at Living My Fantasy Life
Cindy at My Romantic Home
Alexandra at Silver Bell Cottage
DebraK at The Bunnies Bungalow
Jennifer at Child of the King
Ginger at Enchanting Cottage
Jillian at Jillian's Pages
Now for the first tag from Rue. List 10 Weird or Random Facts or Habits about yourself. Then tag 5 others
1) I have this insane fear of talking to people on the phone - why you ask?? I haven't a clue - it's so weird!
2)When I fold the laundry, it must be warm right out of the dryer. If it's not, I'll run the dryer for another 10 minutes until it is - I guess it's the wrinkle factor. I hate folding clothes that are wrinkled!
3) There are 3 magazines that I love to buy off the shelf at the store. Romantic Homes, Romantic Country, and Country Living. It would be a lot cheaper to just get a subscription I know, but there's just something about seeing a brand new issue right there on the shelf just waiting for me. And...I never buy the front copy, it must be two or three back. I want a brand new, untouched copy - so weird, I know!!
4) I used to work in the airline industry - I worked for TWA to be exact. I started when I was 19 and worked right up until I had our first baby! Now I am a stay at home mom and love it!! I did get to travel though all over the place! I used to fly all the way to San Antonio just to buy a brand of salsa that I loved and they only carried it there. My roommates used to come home from work and see grocery bags with the state of Texas printed on them and say "Oh my, she's been grocery shopping in Texas again"
5) I met the wonderful man that I am now married to in an airport! It was love at first sight and we've been together now for 12 years - married for 9 this month!
6) I cannot stand the taste of caffeine free soda
7) I am constantly re-arranging the furniture! We're talking every 3-4 months here. Hubby has threatened on more than one occasion to bolt it to the floor - hee hee!!
8) Along the same lines as the furniture, I have an issue with paint too! I have repainted our bedroom alone 5 times in the 9 years we have been in our house. I've loved every color though, my problem is just that I also love to change the color! I am in fact getting ready to do it again! Oh, and the master bath has seen a paintbrush and roller 5 times as well!
9) No matter what, whenever anyone leaves our house, we always stand on the front porch and wave until the car has driven out of sight. We always do this, no matter what.
10) I crave order and organization, however, I just can't seem to figure out how to be organized! You should see my craft room where it is so messy that I can never work in there, let alone find anything that I need! I bet I have 3 of everything. I'm always having to go out and buy what I need when I need it because, you guessed it, I can NEVER FIND IT IN MY CRAFT ROOM!!!
There's 10. I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me! Normally, I would tag 5 others but I think that this time I will leave it open to anyone who would like to play along. If you're reading this and would like to participate, feel free to do so. Let me know though, if you do, so I can come over to your blog and read your list!!
Jillian, I am going to take this evening to think about 6 more things for your tag and I promise to post it tomorrow! Thank you for the tag!
Have a wonderful night everyone and if you made it all the way to the bottom of this post, I thank you for sticking with me!!