Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Monday!

Today is supposed to be really nice outside so I think I'm going to take advantage of the good weather to get some painting done. I have a few projects that need completing. I have this great chandelier that someone gave to me awhile back. I'm going to get it painted and I want to hang it in the kitchen. We currently have a fluorescent fixture hanging up there which I'm not exactly crazy about. The builder put it in when the house was built - which reminds me, today is our 9 year move in date anniversary!! My gosh!!! Has it been 9 years already? Time really flies.
Anyway, I have no idea how to get that thing off. We have replaced many a fixture in this house with new lighting and I myself have hung several chandeliers but this fluorescent light has us stumped! It's probably not as difficult as it seems - it's just intimidating to me because I'm not sure how it is attached to the ceiling or where the holes are going to be when the fixture comes down. I was ambitiously thinking that I could just unscrew the thing, remove it from the ceiling and rewire the chandy to surprise my hubby when he gets home. After looking at it this morning though, I'm just not sure it's going to be that cut and dry. Hmmmm....don't know what to do! Have any of you out there in blog land ever done this before? I'll have to think about this some more. I'll post some pictures later today of any projects that I'm able to complete. Have a good day everybody!

3 comments:

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

Well good luck to you. I have never done that before. I have taken out a sofit (spelled wrong)and that was kinda easy. I am looking forwar to the finish pictures.
ginger
P.S I love your banner

katie said...

heyhey,

time to call dad! he'll know.

xx,
kt

katie said...

heyhey,

time to call dad! he'll know.

xx,
kt