Tuesday, February 26, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...

Oh my, it's raining so hard today but that's okay because gloomy days are also very cozy days in my book. Perfect days for warm fuzzy blankets, cups of tea, good books, etc...etc...
I went grocery shopping today but I got lucky because I ventured out early this morning before the rain really had a chance to get started. I was able to make it home and unload the car before it got bad. Now it's coming down hard.
So anywho, I promised pictures today and I've got pictures!! First things first - you've got to see the before pictures of my table. I know there are many people who GASP at the thought that anyone would paint over good wood. But...I LOVE white painted furniture!! And besides, I can justify this. Would you just look at the top of this thing?? The top was terribly discolored so I figured I MUST paint it, right?
So here it is before

be sure to take note of the top here...

And here it is after
much better, I think!

The chandelier is going to have to wait. I want to find some pretty crytal drops and maybe some strands of beads or crystals to add to it! It will be ready soon I hope.

Have a great day!!

~ Erin ~

14 comments:

Jennifer said...

Thats really pretty, you have such talent!!

j said...

Erin you are SO talented! I mean it, that is simply gorgeous! It really looks better, even as pretty as the wood was (on front). If I doubted you to start with, I am sorry. It will never happen again! Jennifer

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

LOVE THE TABLE! Where did you ever find a gem like that???? Great job.

Ginger~~Enchanting Cottage said...

They is so pretty. I love love painted funiture I think thats one reason why I visit Romantic homes blog so much. But my husband would rather have wood. I would like to add at least 1 or 2 painted pieces but I am not sure how it would look.Do you mix and match the wood with the painted wood? Oh I ordered a baby blanket from you this morning. I did not know what to buy for my friends daughters new baby boy and then there it was a perfect gift! They all have horses so thank-you for this perfect blanket.
ginger

Cindy said...

I love it! It's really similar to the one I did. I think it looks so much better white!

Heather ~ Pretty Petals said...

Looks so pretty Erin, I love it white... and I love your couch!

xo Heather

Vickie said...

Followed you here from Irma's - love your site, Erin - I had to visit - my niece's name is Erin!
I DO like the table painted. You did a great job on it. What did you antique it with?
Vickie

Justabeachkat said...

Much better. Just gorgeous. Great job.

Hugs!
Kat

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

I found your blog accidently and I'm glad I did! It's lovely - and can you tell me how you painted the table? We have just ALMOST finished our front room remodel and have some pieces this would look great on - what is the base color and how did you antique it? Thanks in advance for any hints!
Colleen

Adrienne said...

What a gorgeous table! It is so much better after you painted it. I have been amazed at the people who love something that I've painted white but have a fit when they see something I haven't yet painted. They don't think I should 'ruin' it. But when it's finished it's a work of art they love. ~Adrienne~

Debbie Kay said...

Erin:

My question is "Who WOULDN'T paint over real wood? It drives my husband crazy but I just love to paint everything Shabby Chic white....

Love the table....

Debbie Kay

Sweet Designs said...

Beautiful job, it came out great! It adds to your home wonderfully.

katie said...

ok, you are amazing. and you did that while the baby was sleeping one afternoon, didn't you?

ha ha. you are a star!

xx,
kt

Rose of Sharon said...

I love it! You did a great job! How did you do it? Did you paint it white and then stain it? It looks perfect! I paint a ton of furniture too! It gives it new life.

:) Sharon