Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Shopping...



I decided to take a side trip to Marshals today while out running errands and going grocery shopping! I wish you could have seen all the adorable Easter stuff they had out. Soooo cute!! I just wish I had my camera with me. The displays were adorable - yummy eye candy for sure. I was picking up everything and looking and almost boughteverything too. But then I thought...wait, I can make this. I'll save my money and make my own! There were rabbits in pastel blues, pinks and greens with these really cute folk art type rabbits riding on their backs. Then, there were roosters in the same pastel shades with soft white polka dots on them. The roosters opened up so you could put all kinds of goodies inside and they had vintage looking Easter postcard images on their sides. Everything was all glittered and ohhh soooo cute! They also had yummy chocolate bars with vintage Easter postcard images as wrappers.


I did buy this super cute cappucino mug though. It's chocolate brown with pink polka dots on it and it came with a little notepad and pen! Oh and I found an Italian espresso maker too. I have always wanted one of those but just never went out to find one. So, when I saw it today for $7.99, I just had to have it! I came home and made myself a cappucino in my new mug with my new espresso maker and settled in for about a half hour to read my newest Romantic Homes magazine before the kiddies came home from school. Bliss! Hope you all are having a lovely afternoon!

7 comments:

j said...

I want the mug! I would use it for soup or ice cream because this bunny girl doesn't do coffee. I saw the pay it forward but I'm not participating cause the theme at our house right now is "pay it off"! Have a Fantabulous day! Jen

Kay said...

That sounds like a perfect afternoon, shopping and then curling up with a favorite magazine. I enjoy your blog.

SweetAnnee said...

Oh I wish I could go to look too..
but alas..I'm kinda hiding. Saves
money I guess. I LOVE your mug
and the notepad..

lovely blog too
deena

kari and kijsa said...

Shhhh...today is the SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for Kari's 40th birthday...hop on over for a little cake, diet coke, and birthday cheer!!!

blessings,
kijsa

Anonymous said...

Lovely afternoon, I'd say! I love Romantic Homes and also have that same espresso maker - love it too! But that reminds me - I need some more espresso coffee! Yum!

Sandra Evertson said...

Great mug!
Sandra Evertson

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Cute mug and good to hear that you found a treat for yourself. Isn't this RH magazine wonderful? Love the colors.

Enjoy,
Becky